Originally Posted by wageslave
[quote=Steve692]

Sir,
Here's a fact.
He shot ,
Left,
Ran to the freeway to get a cell signal before 7 (central time, which would be 5 our time),
To call Sierra and complain of bullet failure.......

You know, the failure of a fired bullet into an animal....
That he never looked for that day
Never found that day
Never attempted to find even.....
But he sure the bullet failed.....maybe.

Slave

P.S. Then you run home and post about the phantom failure on the Internet........in daylight....while a spike is wounded out there.

Thanks Slavey....Been lurking on the campfire a lot this week, just to let the hecklers have their fun, while laughing at some of you clowns, more than you've been laughing at me...

and you've done a great synopsis, of what most people who've "glanced over" the thread, instead of reading it have come away with, before they jump to their 2 cent conclusion that they are in such a rush to post to show just "how smart" they are to impress the other posters who lack reading comprehension also.

Here's a fact.
He shot ,
Left,
Ran to the freeway to get a cell signal before 7 (central time, which would be 5 our time),
To call Sierra and complain of bullet failure.......

So guess you didn't read the entire thread or your reading comprehension skills are on par with the rest of the heckler crowd here....

My only incorrect move on the entire situation, was to conclude that most of the hunters on this web site were experienced hunters and not novices with an agenda...( such as Tzone)....

Yeah, I shot and didn't fire again as there were a bunch of does running around, the wounded animal as it staggered....

When he went off the hillside, into the ravine full of burnt forest slash, stumbling thru brush, guess you missed where I had to tell some of you Einsteins, that I fired 3 more times at him...but he was in brush thick enough, that the bullets were striking brush and deflecting not hitting the deer. But most of the hecklers immediately conclude I didn't....why would anyone need to point that out, if they are experienced hunters?
Probably took Tzone's lead.. You left the deer?? Read his posts, he's a moronic POS...

You left out where I said the ravine was a 45 degree plus angle and covered in slash, burnt trees from a previous forest fire, full of erosion etc.... unsafe footing.... easy place to break a body limb going down it, much less coming back up trying to bring a deer up it....30 to 40 miles from any medical help or even a cell tower signal to call for help if one got hurt down there....What kind of dumbass would go down in that stuff, by themselves? you're not from Minnesota where it is flat, and a swamp is the worst thing you have to deal with... your from Idaho, you should have a better understanding of this sort of predicament.. you would have if you weren't on such a mission to offer condemnation so damn quickly...

BUT YOU WEREN'T THERE...so like most of these other HEROS you were busy philosophizing behind your keyboard, in a chair, at your home.. instead of being on scene...so your assumptions are as much BS as the rest of these YOYOs...

I walked a good 300 to 400 yds, on each side of that ravine on the flats to see if there were another possible way to the spot where the deer went.. (but once again, guess I have to also tell that to 'experienced' hunters sitting at home behind their keyboards...) there wasn't any easier or safer access to the spot where the animal fell.

The bush where the animal went under for cover, was easily seen down the ravine, as it was a nice big lush bush, among a bunch of burnt fallen down timber... so it served as a land mark that I knew where to go... and guess I need to add, that I knew the temps were going to be down in the 20s that night at the 4,000 ft altitude I was at....

But like the others, you are just assuming that I just jumped in my vehicle to run and call Sierra, instead of doing any of the above....so who's the dumbass? Like a saying on a Harley Davidson sticker I saw one time, fits here... " If we have to explain the obvious, then YOU don't have the capacity to understand it".....

THEN I CALLED SIERRA TO COMPLAIN?????

Were you patched in on the call? I gather not... so you and the rest of the heckler crowd are assuming what I called about... which is wrong... I called an asked questions trying to figure out why I experience what went wrong...we discussed what I had been told with my call to them when I bought the bullets.. then I was told that the info given was wrong.. the bullet was explained to me as being a very hard bullet, not a soft bullet.. and its core was twice as thick as their Game King line on ALL Game Changer bullets...but then the Hecklers want to complain about me calling to "Complain"... assumptions once again on people's part while sitting behind their keyboard at home in their little chair....since NONE of them were on the call.....

AND YOU LEFT THE DEER OUT THERE!!!!

1, I was returning at the earliest convenience, which was the next morning.. we were out there at 7:30 AM, where the sun was rising... being a hair over two hours from home, I might add....

2. The scene wasn't Safe.. Period....

That was a simple assessment after 22 years of living here and hunting here....
That was also based on simple things taught in boy scouts when I was growing up.. so simple a Kid in Scouts could understand that.... but I guess the Keyboard Commandos couldn't since "THEY WEREN'T THERE, WERE THEY?"

I follow that up with 6 years of military training and operations...
Not only was I a military field medic, I was also an instructor, served on a medevac crew for 2 years.
When I ETS'ed, I was a licensed Paramedic and 90 days later, passed the RN exam also...

The military extensively trained us on body or patient retrieval, in all sorts of environments under all sorts of different conditions, from severe weather, to steep terrain, to an obstacle filled environment.. so I was sort of more than over qualified compared to the average Joe Schmoe...then add several years on our local Sheriff's Dept Search and Rescue...

but be it civilian or military, RULE NUMBER ONE....SCENE SAFE...
Don't take personal risks, otherwise you have two people needing medical attention, instead of one..
and then the unit or agency is down one of their available staff or manpower... while you are laid up to heal.
and that includes a dead deer, if they tell ya that, for a live person...

but I gather I need to explain that also to those Keyboard Commandos that weren't there....

But instead they were more here to condemn, than to try to understand the situation....

All this, when the post was to post on how I had an instance when the bullet didn't work as sold, when folks were asking about performance experiences....Tzone trolled to take it in another direction and how many people quickly jumped on the band wagon.....

typical campfire fashion by a small group always...but then there were those that did ask questions, legitimately and showed common courtesy in doing so....so I responded to those via PM...

and to the hecklers, I also received quite a few PMs, giving me some support, and criticizing the hecklers for going off half cocked and evidently having little reading comprehension, or they just glanced over the posts I made....

and then people piss on every word I typed, pissed all over me, generated tons of insults and THEN SOMEHOW SEEM TO THINK I OWE THEM PICTURES ETC??? why when every effort I make to accommodate them, they use it like a brick and just throw at my head.....

What did they think? like I was going to beg for their mercy or some other stupid idea in their heads?

That's enough Slavey? ya want more? doubt if you'll even read this far..... that would take an effort and probably derail the opportunity for you to get on your soapbox to complain and point the accusational finger.

Have a great day at the truck stop there Slavey.....