PJ....

I recall someone posted an article quite a while ago on here, that some country in Africa used 308s, with the 220 grain RNs, to cull Rogue Elephants in their country via their Fish & Game people...

Brain shots, from a stopped vehicle or Truck...

had an acquaintence around town here years ago, all he had for a hunting rifle was a H & R Single shot break open in 30/30... he wanted to go bear hunting, but wanted the most thump he could get out of a 30/30 case....

I loaded up some 220 grain RN's, behind like 35 grains of W 748... MV was 2100 fps... it had a kick to it, but the brass never seemed to notice or care....

he was successful with those loads and that rifle for a couple of seasons...

lost track of him, when he moved a few towns away for a job....but he upgraded to a 308 H & R rifle,
and I got him trained on handloading... he sure liked those 220 grain RNs....so I bet he was loading them in that single shot 308 he picked up....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez