Guess it really boils down to what you plan on using it for. My all day every day carry gun is a Kahr CW45 with a Laserguard and loaded with Cutting Edge 200gr Monometal Flat points over a charge of Silhoutte that gives me right at 1,000 pfs from the 3.6" bbl. I carry it in the left front pocket of my carharts. When we go further afield, I drop the 2 3/4" M69 loaded with 260gr WFNGCs (or 300gr) in the back pocket of my carharts. I've been retired for almost twenty years and my "further afield" outings get shorter every year. Not less often, just shorter in duration.

Here's the little Kahr along side the M69s:

[Linked Image]

and the Cutting Edge monometal flat points:

[Linked Image]

and some 300gr .44 Miss Bul Co Hammers:

[Linked Image]

I think Hickock45 overdramatized the recoil of the 2 3/4" M69. I'm not a recoil junky, but with the X Frame 500 grips (factory grips exacerbate recoil for me) full on .44 Mags don't hurt. Remember, velocity is only in the 1,100 to 1,150 fps range with the short barrel and velocity is what makes for sharp recoil. Also, you can pretty much choose the level of performance (recoil) with .44 spec and .44 mag factory and specialty ammo avail today. JMHO.

Paul

Last edited by paul105; 10/30/18.