Originally Posted by desertoakie
Originally Posted by johnw
And I know guys who hate on Bill Ruger's memory because of his stance on gov't regulations. Others who hate on Smith for caving.

That's a major sector of the handgun market supply to hate on.

I do know that Smith still makes and sells revolvers with no lock. Any chance some distributor will push the issue and get a model 69 made up minus the wart?

It's called OLDER MODEL Rugers and S&Ws, BEFORE the confounded giving into the commies!! Case in point: S&W 629-4 3" barrel: no lock, forged metal internals, solid barrels, forged steel frames that don't break...but OH MY GOD!!!! IT WEIGHS 10 OUNCES MORE (or whatever)!!!!! I CAN'T CARRY THAT AROUND!!!! Really? Why not lose 10 pounds of your gut, then you should be able to carry around 10 more ounces!!! wink

The weekend of Nov 3rd, I cut out 90% or more of the bread and potatoes that I normally eat. Since then I've consumed one slice of garlic bread, one cheeseburger with bun, and one 2" square piece of baked potato skin with shreds of potato attached.
and I've lost 12 pounds in 11 days.

And I still prefer to carry the smaller of my carry pistols.
At work I still carry the smallest wrench I think will do the job.
And I still carry a #3 lead "pussy whip" to weld with rather than use the 3/0 "stinger" hanging with the welding machines.

"Chances Will Be Taken"