Originally Posted by Pappy348
A .243 makes sense if you want to buy ammo at Walmart, or shoot lighter bullets (yeah, that's still a "thing" for some of us at times). Otherwise, a Creed is IMHO, a better-designed round, especially for someone who shoots a lot. I'm not very far into mine yet, but it's already clear that it's going to require a LOT less case-trimming, a big convenience, and likely means case-life will be a bit better. I think the case will be better for partial sizing as well, and the sharper shoulder may give slightly better barrel life. Ballistics are a toss-up, factory rifle choice goes to the .243 in a landslide, but this is the Custom Rifle forum after all.

No reason for.243 butt-hurt (same as .260 butt-hurt); shoot what you want, but base it on reason.

I shoot a custom 243 , and I agree with everything you said. The 6 creed is a better mousetrap for long heavy bullets. I just happen to be able to leave my bullets way out there in my magazine, and have a fast twist barrel. When I rebarrel, I may have to make the change...