Some observations on handloading for the 358 BLR: the throats seem to be a bit short, as are the magazines. Standard COAL will probably be your only choice. My Savage 99 358 was a little more forgiving. I've no use for a bolt action 358, so those extended length loads mean nothing to me.

On the 250 grain Swift A-frame, the cannalure is perfectly placed, so as not to impede powder capacity. You may have to trim back the necks, to use the cannalure, and have sufficient clearance from the lands and grooves. The lee trimmer tool for the 358 trims back perfectly.

On the lee factory crimp die, grind off a little bit of the shell holder, so that the die crimps exactly at the top of the neck.

On the 200 grain accubond: Same deal. Because the ogive is overly long, you'll have to trim back the brass, then crimp well.

The slop of rotating bolt lock-up, is very unforgiving to improper head spacing. I can only guess that if you bump the necks on a BLR, the firing pin won't fully engage the primer. Only seat primers with a hand priming tool, don't slam them in there with a press. Don't bump the necks, adjust your die so that it fully resizes the case, but doesn't touch the shoulder. I had failure to fire with full length redding dies, when bumping the necks. The die is fine, when adjust to not bump the necks.

My loads:
Resized lapua 308 brass, CCI standard bench rest primers:

42 grains reloader 10x, 275 grain woodliegh: 2200 fps
44 grains reloader 10x, 250 grain swift A-frame: 2400 fps
46 grains reloader 10x, 200 grain Nosler Accubond: 2700 fps

Random thoughts: I don't like slower burning TAC in the 358, no matter what any chubby, soft handed gun magazine author has to say about it.

With 10x, I've witnessed some of the lowest deviations in velocity, than any other powder I've ever used. 10x has been the powder I've used, to put away thousands of lbs of moose and caribou meat. It's very close in velocity to reloader 7x, but with far less pressure. I've used it in a 375 winchester model 94 using 255 grain barnes Originals for 1850 fps, and my 41 caliber wildcat off the 9.3 case for 2400 fps with 350 grain Swift A-frames.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 11/08/18.