Originally Posted by sigguy
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by hillbill
Have changed my Tundra at every 40,000. no fluid can last 100,000 and the tranny go for the long term.

There are plenty of Tundras running around with 300K on them that have not had meticulous tranny fluid changes

I would bet most of those don't see much towing and/or heavy off road use. I had mine changed at 70K and it made a huge difference in how the truck drove and shifted. I do tow a fair amount though, and also make lots of short trips.FWIW

We have 193K+ on our 2012 Tundra. So far, the transmission behaves as it always has.

The bulk of our miles are highway miles, and probably 8-10 percent have been towing a double axle flat bed trailer loaded with whatever. We also do a lot of off-road driving, as there are lots of opportunities within a few miles of our place. My wife is an artist and spends a lot of time in the rough stuff in nearby mountains looking for scenes to paint and/or photograph.

After several conversations with the service manager of our nearest Toyota dealer, I will probably go ahead and have the transmission serviced when the odometer rolls past 200K.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...