In my 8 years in Kotz, I also noticed that if I left at first running light, I'd have the country all to my self for several hours. Usually. Sundays were often good for more. Hangovers and church..... smile

And Hey, a Bravo is almost as good for getting close to caribou as dogs, and I didn't cover my headlight. Just eased up on them at an idle, keeping as much downwind and out of sight as possible. Those high speed snowmachines snarling 2 miles away will get caribou running before they ever see them. Both ways. Might be because of the caribou having been previously "positioned" at 40-60 miles an hour.... sometimes for miles on end....

After a few such times of being "positioned", even the Bravo, quiet as it was, would send them running if they heard it. The last winter, I had a AC Turbo 1100 there (for my wife- a fast woman...), and it was nice and quiet. Even more so than the Bravo. I just never trusted it enough to take it out hunting alone, as I usually went.

I'm already missing that country. Should be snowmachining this week (up there) - but down here on the Kenai, it's still raining. frown

Last edited by las; 11/13/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.