I've owned a lotta machines over the years. 1974 ski doo olympic, 1978 kawasaki snow jet (my teenage years). 2000 wide trak lx, 1988 ski doo tundra, 1974 ski doo elan, 1976 250 twin elan, 1999 340 bear cat, 2000 440 bear cat, 1999 Polaris Trail long track 500.

Never in my life, have I happened upon animals so easily, than when I made the switch to dogs. I'm worried that internal combustion, has made mankind a bit gelatinous and soft. I'm addicted to internal combustion engines and sold them all, so the temptation isn't so conveniently available.

Saturday, after the bite wound, I came up on the local NPS Law enforcement guy. He was stuck in a snow drift on a new two stroke polaris. I called the dogs off trail, at his orange gloves he was flashing. When I got to him, he stood on my brake, while I looked over the situation. A quick lift of the track, and out of the hole I buzzed, with a bit of aggressive application of throttle. I got a little out of hand, had a moment of joy at the thrilling speed. I kinda stole his snow machine for ah bit, while he stood there on my dog sled. I hauled a s s round the landscape, jumping snowdrifts.