A few years back I built a 6.5-06AI with the express purpose of having a rifle capable of supersonic velocity out to 1200 yards. It does that with 130g Scirocco II bullets with a MV of 3161fps. It has a heavy barrel which makes it very comfortable to shoot but no tot carry. As a result I've long wished I had a sporter-weight 6.5 fas well.

The 6.5CM is interesting but doesn't do much more than my .257 Roberts +P loads and not as much as my .280RM or magnums. The 6.5 GAP never interested me for a number of reasons including rifle choices, brass cost, etc. I expect the 6.5PRC will have a good following with inexpensive brass with good availability and more options in rifles as well.

I need another rifle like I need a mortgage or a mistress - which is to say not at all. Fortunately, rifles are cheap by comparison and if the right opportunity presents itself a 6.5PRC will likely join the rifles in my safes.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.