I have one of the first 6.5 PRC factory rifles,a Montana Rifle Company X3. I have only shot factory ammo so far. The 143 grain ELDx averages a little over 3000 fps and shoots into about .75 MOA. It also kills the crap out of critters. Four hogs so far,two big boars at less than five yards hit square in the shoulder to try and wreck the bullet and two 100 pound sows at 400 yard inpact velocity.

All were very quick kills with good expansion and plenty of penetration. Also have killed a big boar at 5 yards quartering sharply way with the 147 grain ELDM bullet. Plenty of penetration and killed instantly.

Based on my experience so far,the 6.5 PRC does what it is supposed to do in a factory rifle with hunting ammo.

It uses the same bullets as the 6.5 Creedmoor at 250 fps more velocity when comparing factory ammo. This means that it has the recoil of a 270 Winchester,but it delivers a flatter trajectory with better wind numbers than almost any factory load short of the big 300 and 338 magnums.

I think it's a pretty good idea for a factory hunting cartridge. Nothing else offers recoil so light with as much performance.

Last edited by ruraldoc; 09/24/18.