Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by joken2

No idea if Whittaker's pricing policy has changed now but back when Darrell Whittaker was still alive and running the store their prices on both new and used firearms were firm per as shown on price tags -- no dickering.

Also, no KY state sales tax was charged on used firearms back then, either.

He ruled the roost from his throne there in the front of the store. A no nonsense businessman, best way to be.

Many years ago I was at the shop one morning and Darrell's wife was the only one there minding the store. I mentioned to her that it wouldn't work for me to own a gun shop like theirs as I would probably be taking home more guns than I sold. She said a lot of people think Darrell does but they are so wrong. She then said most wouldn't believe it but he only actually owns one firearm of his very own, a handgun.. She said every once in a while they would get some guns in that he really liked and would put one under the counter saying he was going to keep it for himself but then wind up selling it to a customer. She said that year her and their kids got together and secretly bought him a new gun for either his birthday or Christmas he had been wanting because they knew he would never buy it for himself. That would make two guns that he actually owned. I told his wife he's a good businessman and the reason their business had been so successful and grown while so many others didn't make it