Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
We still don’t haggle on prices. The stories above are nice, but if you knew the truth you’d laugh out loud! The sales tax thing was illegal, hence the change.

I always got along with Darrel. He’s how I got involved in the business. He was bed ridden during the last part of his life. I got a call one day asking me to come to his house. He asked if I’d be interested in running the business for him. He was stuck at home and they were having some issues. I told him I’d be very interested and that was the last time we spoke. He died several months later and I got a call from his wife asking if I was still interested. I was....

It’s worked out well. Becky and I are now partners in the business. She’s also moved on with her life and doing well. She’s still in the shop quite a bit, but is starting to travel more. She deserves it.

So are you saying that Darrell really owned more personal firearms than what his wife told me?
(Also, that was back around the early to mid '90s when she told me that, too, and they were still operating out of their original old converted garage store building, albeit after a floor space expansion or two).