Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
We still don’t haggle on prices. The stories above are nice, but if you knew the truth you’d laugh out loud! The sales tax thing was illegal, hence the change.

I always got along with Darrel. He’s how I got involved in the business. He was bed ridden during the last part of his life. I got a call one day asking me to come to his house. He asked if I’d be interested in running the business for him. He was stuck at home and they were having some issues. I told him I’d be very interested and that was the last time we spoke. He died several months later and I got a call from his wife asking if I was still interested. I was....

It’s worked out well. Becky and I are now partners in the business. She’s also moved on with her life and doing well. She’s still in the shop quite a bit, but is starting to travel more. She deserves it.

As I am sure you know full well, running a business like that is like a marriage. You are married to the store. Glad to hear that Becky is beginning to be able to travel and move on. That is a blessing. So glad that you are doing well with Whittaker's. Kentucky needs a gunshop like that.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis