I don't have experience with a large number of handguns, a Ruger MK1 and 22/45 Lite-SST (Super [bleep] Trigger), a GP100 then a few years with 1911's including Auto Ordinance, Springfield and my last and best, a first year Kimber Classic. It's been so long, ~15 years I don't even remember what the Kimber trigger felt like. I bought my first Glock when I decided I wanted a 10mm and read about the SF that gave my short fingers a good but not optimum grip.

I was unaware of the love hate surrounding the Glock but it makes no difference to me. Glock has a long history with M&P and I want a DAO handgun for self defense.

My research on the Ghost transfer bar was it minimized stacking, lightened the pull weight, provided a cleaner break and improved the reset, it did minimize the stacking and rolling break, the reset feels about the same to but it does not seem to be hugely different, just better.

I was not aware there were differences between G1-G5 triggers so I need to put the stock transfer bar back in the 26 and compare the difference again.

Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by RDW
Easier way to what?

Some guys like to jump at any excuse to bash Glocks, don't worry about it. Personally, I've found room for improvement in the triggers of every pistol I've ever owned, Glocks are no exception or specialty there.

One thing I've found over the years with Glocks is the trigger feel can vary a lot, and each individual gun may need different tweaks to get the trigger feel I like. As a result, no two Glocks in my safe have the same trigger setup in them, every one is different even though the final result is similar in most of them. With that said, the first place I start with a stock Glock trigger is a factory "-" connector and a gen 3 trigger (for gen 4 pistols). I also like to use some sort of overtravel stop, but YMMV.

Can you explain this in more detail?

Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I agree with Yondering in that there is a lot of variance with Glock triggers & that does sometimes require different parts to get them all close to the same point.

But nonetheless, the starting point for me is always to polish parts, G3 smooth trigger, Zev V4 or Glockstore Double Diamond connector & a 6 lb competition trigger spring...............yes, I know a heavier spring sounds counter intuitive, but it almost always makes the trigger more crisp.

Eventually all mine turn out to be around 4.5 lb with a shorter than stock rest and a more crisp feel.

The only thing I've done on a G5 gun is to put a new connector in & it's the most crisp Glock trigger that I own.

MM

What connector are you using in the G5?

There is a 6lb spring in the kit so I will try it.

Dave