Originally Posted by Yondering
RDW, which part were you wanting more detail about?

The gen 3 trigger bar doesn't apply if you already have a gen 3 or earlier pistol, that's just for the gen 4.

Gen 5 trigger parts are completely different than any of the earlier generations, and warrant a separate discussion if that's what you have.

The factory "-" connector is the lightest connector Glock sells; it comes in the G34 & G35 competition guns, and is roughly equivalent to most of the aftermarket 3.5 or 4.5 lb connectors. I generally prefer the OEM Glock part for quality and the slick coating on it, but again, there is enough variation that sometimes there are exceptions.

Some basics about gen 1-4 Glock triggers that may help you:

- A lower connector weight rating (like 3.5 or 4.5 lb) reduces pull weight but typically makes the break feel more mushy. The differences in the connectors is simply the ramp angle that drives the trigger bar cruciform down off the striker.
- Increasing trigger spring weight gives a lighter trigger pull. Yes, that's backwards from most guns, but these springs pull up and back. I like an extra power trigger spring in most of mine.
- Increasing striker spring weight gives a heavier trigger pull, and the increase is pretty linear. I usually don't like to use reduced power striker springs, since it can result in light strikes and failures to fire.

I have a Gen4 G19 and G20 so this is great information, I did not understand what a "-" connector is or that increasing the trigger spring weight decreases trigger pull.

Dave