Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I have one of those and they are GREAT. It charges my iphone faster than the damn wall charger does.........

Well, they're unlike the Dewalt which will give you a Hot indication then charge when the battery cools. The Makita chip will lock it up forever. Same -25, other battery, run tool for a minute to warm up, then charges fine. Other battery, locked up forever. Yes, I fugged that one up in the cold. First Montana winter lol... But running a tool, throw battery in the charger and it's made never usable again by the chip, not an actual bad cell, just hot, pure, horsechit Makita. There's no reset, no reprogram, nada, that I've been able to find... Would strongly recommend against. Do want a phone charger doohicky now though! I'll run that impact as long as it'll go, it's been a great tool. Gone Dewalt and passed the point of no return... I actually used a corded drill the other day as it was closer than going to get the cordless! Crazy times.

Not even the techies have figured out how to hack the Makita chip. But if taken care of the Makita batteries seem to last longer than others.

A finish carpenter friend of mine is now running a DeWalt cordless table saw and cordless miter saw. They seem to work well for his finish carpentry.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.