I've hunted the U.P. and the MN. season too and I sure like their earlier gun opener which gets the rut activity. WI. gets the post rut and that is tough hunting. Any weekend we would see hunters with an ATV and sacks of corn and apples heading north and it reminded me that lots of people have forgotten how to hunt deer. I took my son to hunters safety meetings and one day the instructor asked the class of young fellas what is the first thing that you should do before deer season? He was looking for something like sight in your rifle, but what he got was a kid telling him how you should check to make sure that your bait pile had plenty of bait for the season. Sad but true. Baiting has turned deer nocturnal and like the U.P, northern WI. turned into who could out bait who. I left, sold my place and hunt the other side of the state where there isn't baiting, poaching and wall to wall ahole hunters.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory