I put a counterfeit VX3i 1.75-6x32 on a Remington Model Seven 308, and it tracked and held zero just fine. That was only for one range session though. The eye-box isn't forgiving like Leupolds normally are. The reticle isn't a true duplex, nor a wide duplex. It's in between. The clicks are audible and firm. There is a blemish on the gold ring almost like a machining tool line that put a gouge part way around the ring. The box label had some errors. Matte was spelled Matt. The serial number was below the bar code and is one from a VX-R according to Leupold. The scope didn't come with a Leupold scope cover, just a set of cheap bikini covers. Without the blemish on the gold ring, one can't tell it visually from an authentic item without side-by-side comparison.

Be careful when purchasing a used Leupold or from a non-authorized dealer. Always get the serial number and contact Leupold.

I can see pawn shops buying a bunch of these fakes and putting them on rifles to make the price seem better.

Last edited by Dubiedog; 12/23/18.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.