I'm not sure I'm for it. I built our house between twenty and twenty-two years ago (took me a couple of years. I only worked on it when I didn't feel like hunting or fishing) and I hate reading about all the things I could have done better if I had only been smarter. Our house ia a smallish (24x36) two bedroom structure with a full basement and a loft which provides a third bedroom. I rented a Bobcat and dug the basement (took me three long days). I mixed the concrete with a 1 yd mixer and set the 6x6 treated posts and poured the footings my self.The walls of the basement were 3/4 inch treated plywood; tarred and covered with 10 mil poly. I built the subfloor then roofed it over with galvanized roofing. We lived in the basement for a year while I did some hunting and fishing. I bought short logs from a log home place and, in 1996, I started on the house. I built a timber frame structure with short log infill. I took about six weeks to finish the walls and the roof then quit for hunting season. Over the winter, I was busy working on a neighbors house so didn't get much time on mine but I did manage to fill in the gable ends and put in the windows and doors. At the same time, I went back to work (machinist) since money was getting a bit tight. I finish the interior walls , wiring and plumbing over the next year. Built steps up to the loft and put in the wood flooring and had the thing ready to move into by Christmas of 1997. The house in still not finished. I have some trim which, despite my wife's constant reminders, I have never finished. I have added on an 8x24 addition which is my exercise room with weights, heavy bag, and speed bag. I built a gun vault underground. I converted half of the basement into my gun shop while the other half became a hairdressing shop. I expect we'll probably die here. I can Identify all sorts of mistakes I made but try to put them out of my mind. GD