I shoot an Excalibur Matrix 330. As far as I am concerned, there is no broad head that will guarantee two holes OR a blood trail.

I killed four with the NAP Spitfire Doublecross this year. One went down in it's tracks and the blood trail was irrelevant. One jumped the string in a way I do not yet uderstand and resulted in a poor hit that led me on a 700 yard blood trail that was sparse to nonexistent at times. One bled quite well for ~200 yards when I walked up on him with his head up. An hour later he made it another 200 yards during which he went dry and that was the end of him. The fourth was an excellent hit the didn't bleed a drop until tip over time and then it looked like a slaughterhouse floor, it made it ~50 yards. That arrow did not make it all the way through so there was only one hole and it was high. One blade sliced ~ 1/2 inch of scapula and all four cut ribs up high where they are thick and wide. It ended against the sternum but I do not think that is where it stopped from the shot, but I do think it stopped against a rib.

The Spitfire Doublecross tears up lungs more than anything else I have used and when I open the chest it is immediately noticeable even to my wife who usually holds the light. I have killed multiple deer with 3 blade Muzzys, 2" blade Rages, 3 blade NAP thunderheads and old 2 blade Zwickeys. From the results, the NAP spitfire Doublecross has done the best SO FAR by a fair amount. Sometimes I shoot through the heart. Sometimes I run the shot through just over the heart. Sometimes I double lung them. The Nap Thunderhead has produced the best penetration to date. I put one through the chest and then through the off side shoulder joint centering the ball. I went all the way through by 6-8 inches. Theferrule did not bend, but because all three blades had to cut the ball they did bend but not severely. I've had two make it just over 100 yards shot through the heart top to bottom, one three blade Muzzy and one 2" Rage.

Until I find something with .035 or .040 thick blades that are all four 2 inches long and held like the NAP system I will stay with the Spitfire Doublecross. The Matix 330 has the power to drive that much blade through Bambi, and as far as I am concerned more cut is better than less. I double lunged one last year that made it just over a mile. I had snow on the ground and she bled well enough that I could follow the trail as fast as I could walk, and if I could run anymore I could have followed it as fast as I could run. More cut is better. My compound is a 60 lb No-Cam and use the Thunderheads with it, just for penetration.