The reason I got into “long range hunting”.... is I couldn’t hit running coyotes for schitt. 50 yards... 250 yards.... it didn’t matter, I’d hit about one outta ten. But then I realized they almost always stop if you don’t shoot at them when they’re running. I’d WAY rather have a 400-500 yard shot in a static coyote (or deer), than a 100 yard shot at one that’s running.

I pounded a metric ton of running jackrabbits with an open sighted 10/22 when I was a kid... but somehow that didn’t translate to success with a scoped centerfire. I can’t hit a damn thing that’s moving with a shotgun either.... but that same 10/22 was hell on decoyed geese the couple times I tried it.

That’s one of the great hypocrisies that the anti-longrange crowd is guilty of.... the presumption that all (or most) shots are good shots... as long as they’re inside an arbitrary acceptable rrange. I practice shots on static targets well past my comfortable-on-critters range pretty frequently... and I run into a lot of folks who do the same. But, I’ve never run into anyone who was practicing shots on moving targets.... ever.

No practice... no play... learned that from several coaches when I was young... seems appropriate here too.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......