Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
DF no argument from me at all. The 300 WM has a fairly short neck, many LR competitions have proven the 300 WM record for accuracy capability. But if one wants the most powder capacity, that Ed Brown route is the way to go and no problem keeping the slinky ogive outside the neck. Now chop .34" off the space availibile in the mag for seated out long ogive bullets and that isn't going to work well. Speer Mag Tips and Nosler Protected Pts were brought out specifically for this cartridge and 3.34" mags to minimize tip battering and powder space intrusion by the bullet base. In my book short magnums don't belong in M98 mausers. MB

You are right about getting the rounds in the magizine I can on get one of my Scirrocco loads but I have 180 Winchester power points that will fit in the magizine and shoot an 1 1/2 inch group at 100 yards which is fine for back ups. I have killed 99 % of my deer with the first shot anyway. I just really wont the first shot to be bad A.. that’s why I chose the Scirroccos