Nope, but the amount of weight in the action puts them behind the curve for a true mountain rifle from the outset. The MRC bolt I just weighed is 14.5 oz, and a NULA 9.5. The MRC is derived from blending the M70 and M98 action--neither of which are light weight. Just pull a MRC from a stock and look at the amount of metal below the waterline and you will see what I mean.

There is also the chance that advertised and actual weight for the rifle will differ. The Extreme X2 was advertised at 6# 14oz, but as the thread below indicates, some were substantially heavier than that:

"Overweight" X2 Extreme

I have the exact gun discussed in the thread above--one of the special order of 1-8 twist .243 Win, and its bare weight on a accurate digital scale is 7# 10 oz . That is 3/4# more than the advertised weight.

I have no bone to pick with MRC. I bought two or three of their $350 charter sale actions just when they were starting out, and as someone who grew up in Montana, I thought a Montana action would be a cool thing. They can be the basis for fine rifles; just know that it is not a light design.