Originally Posted by ammoman16
I spoke to MRC today and it sounds like they're willing to work on a solution. The problem is that I don't know if their really is a solution that will be acceptable as anything short of what I thought I was ordering really isn't something I need or want. From what I was told they were having issues with the #1 co tour barrel that the gun was supposed to come with so they decided to just start making them with a heavier contour. I speculate this is why they stopped offering the rifle as it is now just an X3 with flutes for $300 more.

The picture that MRC showed in the (no-longer available) XAR web page was a Winchester Featherweight pattern barrel contour. The two MRC XAR's listed on Gun Broker both have Feather Weight contour barrels as well.

Both Douglas and Lilja have no issue turning Featherweight barrels up to .30 caliber. If the folks at MRC are genuinely interested in "making it right", they should be willing to source a true feather weight contour barrel (as shown on their website) from a reputable barrel maker and fit it to their action.

Hate to hear the head ache you are going thru with this rifle. Hope you are able to work out a mutually agreeable deal with MRC...