Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by barm
Originally Posted by moosemike
It has my attention. I love .35 caliber.

+2

Any word on muzzle velocity and bullets used for this one?

We built a bunch of these 6 months ago...

We are getting 2,850 fps with Hornady 110 gr. XTPs

125s, 140s and 158 are not slouchs either.

Still testing 180s and 200s

Any word on twist rate?

Here is some history on my use of the 110 gr Speer Varminter in 30-06.

We initially loaded the first 100 in the '06 with a decent load of 3031 for an expected velocity around 3500 fps, just like I had successfully loaded 110 gr RN in the past. I took a shot at 100 yds, and missed the target clean. Walked up to fifty yds, still a complete miss. Thirty yards, complete miss, not a mark on the18 inch square target. WTF?????

This was in about 1980, and I had only been loading about a year, I was pretty much a novice.

So anyway, the next shot at fifteen yds left six or seven holes in the target. The bullet was fragmenting near the muzzle due to excessive RPM.

I slowed it sown to 2400 fps with 4198 and used that load for years on ground squirrels, musk rats, and pop cans. It was about a two moa load and I used it out to about 150 yd targets. If you could hit the water with it about 12 inches this side of a muskrat, it would lift the rodent about six feet into the air and drop him dead without a mark on his body. There was zero chance of a ricochet from the water's surface, not that it would have mattered on that muskrat infested reservoir. There was nothing down range, but a cheat grass bluff.

But this was in a commercial Winchester barrel intended to stabilize bullets up to 220 gr. I would be curious what could be done with the same bullet twisted 1 in 24".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.