Originally Posted by Recurve1
"smoked him, smoked him smoked him" he was smokin somethin but it wasn't that deer. also people who disrespect an animal by saying that or dancin a jig after killing are D-bags in my book. And he didn't listen to the guy saying the deer was up (like 5 times). shooter was too busy thinking himself a hero. I would have been embarrassed by that performance and never publicized it at all.

Deer was standing still so I can't criticize someone with the skills to make a shot at that distance. looks like this guy didn't have the skill.

as mentioned what is unethical is pretending to be a TV star instead of putting a second round in the deer - deer was moving or his head was up the whole time - as mentioned shooter should have shot again.

hope the anti-hunters don't get a hold of this. also deer have hair - not fur

+1, the comments at the end sounded like he was doing a poor imitation of Steve Rinella but he failed on a few different counts and all the cool music and blather about "feeding the family with organic meat" can't salvage the video from his ineptitude. As far as "ethical" goes, the baseline is taking only the shots you know you can make. I know that things can happen and the best can miss shots but he missed badly with plenty of time to set up so it looks like he didn't have the capability to make the shot. If he's capable and he just missed he should have the common sense to sh**-can that video, not broadcast it.

It was obvious in the video that he clipped the animal high, there wasn't much blood, and the animal bounded off as if it wasn't injured badly. Yet he made it sound like he made a good hit, and said he hoped it wouldn't be a long tracking job. Was that BS, hard to tell?

The most disappointing thing to me was when he got to the animal he went straight to caressing the horns and talking about the G1's or whatever. Kind of astounding that he didn't go right to where the first shot hit to look at the wound and figure out what went wrong. And then they basically ignored that in the rest of the video.

A wise man is frequently humbled.