Originally Posted by mjbgalt
...there it is again. Someone spilled [bleep] all over my thread...

Ha ha.. You knew it was going to happen. As for you not liking the 223 rem, I used to be that way when I was trying to weigh out every charge for the small little bastid (no I'm not talking about stick). Had to go to the store and buy a damn funnel that would work with the little bastid, etc. I got fed up with it and then decided to just drop powder charges from my uni-flo and damn if that didn't make the whole process about 100 times faster. Now I like the little 223. It's very accurate, and doesn't have any recoil. Its great for really small critters and even deer sized game, with the right bullets. After recently getting into the AR scene, I like the .223 rem even more. I have a good load I worked up for one of my favorite AR's that also shoots lights out in my bolt action, so that's one more reason to like the 223rem. So to answer your question in the Op:
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Without spending a grand, what rifles have you guys found to be a good fit for the round?

Here is my answer for what's worked for me. I've also had very good luck with Ruger m77's and Hawkeys in 223rem as well...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Hawkeye I had was a great little shooter too. I wish I wouldn't have sold it to one of my friends now...:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

They are easy to load for and easy on the shoulder. What's not to like?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA