Originally Posted by bobinpa
If I live to be 100 I won't understand the GM bashing.....

Nobody ever complains about the other 979 companies that got bailed out, they just refer to it as the GM bailout while they are likely carrying a credit card from a bank that was bailed out. Bail out the banks=good, bail out GM=bad confused
When we bombed them in WWll they were running around in rickshaws and living in grass huts.... our money and technology after the war put them where they are. I don't remember them inventing much, but they do copy and improve very well.
In the 70s or 80s, they didn't even know how to mine coal. They were still hand digging and loading, very primitive for such an advanced country don't ya think....so they came here and toured mines and took pictures and made notes and hired Americans to go there and teach them, and now they are a top producer. Since they are so magnificent, I wonder why they needed us???
Foreign manufacturers come here to build vehicles so they don't have to ship them here, they just ship the money home and everyone welcomes the idea. crazy GM goes there to make it easier to get into their market and everyone hates GM. Maybe if the union workers weren't so good at playing hide and seek for a grand or so a week they could be more
competitive and GM wouldn't have to do this.

I firmly blame the GM management for running the company into the ground and needing a bailout, so why penalize the workers by refusing the bailout? Would it have been better to hurt the workers???? People can't be dumb enough to think that if they don't buy GM they are hurting the management.... Corporate management will always take care of themselves first, so if you don't buy GM you are hurting the workers, but that's ok.... somebody in Japan needs a raise anyhow.

Unless I'm mistaken, which is possible, the video is from 2011 or 2012. But that's ok, we'll act like it was made yesterday and this is some new announcement, that way we can all start the "GM sucks and my Tundra is awesome" chant again.... By the way, I think the biggest motor offered in a Tundra is a 5.7 liter, which is a 350 cu in v-8, which GM introduced in 1967 or 68. So Toyota is only about 40-50 years behind, but at least they are better....Geez, who can brag about a 350???? The motor in my current truck is literally 45% bigger than that... I guess a Tundra is ok if you want to pick up a bag of grass seed or something like that but if you need an actual HD truck, their biggest motor is only a 350, just buy a damn car or one of those fancy crossover thingys.... whistle

This^^^^^^^^^^ right on the money.One lemming hates GM and the rest follow.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience