Not talking about the guys who tow over 10,000 pounds on a weekly basis. These folks will always benefit with a diesel. But what about the other 90% of drivers? I priced a diesel option in a Super Duty, it was $9,200. And here in Tennessee diesel averages about $1 more a gallon than 87. Then you have the increase maintenance costs. And pray you never have a repair bill out of warranty. All of this to get maybe a 15% improvement in mpgs?

I wonder what will happen to the price of diesel fuel in 2020 when the mandate goes into law all ships must use low sulphur diesel fuel?

My previous Super Duty was a 7.3. It treated me great as I towed heavy boats often when we lived in Alaska. Over 100K miles without a repair. But this time around I opted for the 6.2 gasser with 4:30 gears. Rumor is Ford is also bringing out a new 7 or 7.3 gas motor in 2020.

Do you think diesel will lose customers in the next 5 years in the HD pickup line? Did you switch from diesel to gas? Or gas to diesel?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.