I looked at the same size engines.Problem being they all required hi test gas.Some are running 87 octane in them but get better performance on the hi test. Here at higher elevations the 87 octane won't cut it. Kind of shoots the saving gas money idea down.Then the 4:10 runs about 13 MPG.

I thought about it real hard , but then found a 2019 Chevy Duramx and I save enough on it that the diesel option zeroed out.I got it for about the same advertised price as a comparable loaded gasser with the 6-6.4 L engines.However , there weren't any gassers around for at least 900 miles..None on lots.The first few tank fulls, I averaged 15mpg empty.

I probably won't be pulling as much as I use to, but when I do it will be in the 16,000 pound range GCWR. (truck, camper horse trailer)

I figure at 75 years old, I won't need a big truck in 4-5 years and I can sell this one as a low mileage truck and get a better than average price for it with it still having a partial warranty on it.

I don't think diesel will lose that many customers. I think when more start running those 4:10' s they won't be happy when they need to do some heavy pulling on occasions.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles