I've seen BigBlocks post here before and I respect his knowledge. To his question I'll say yes I just wanted the barrel checked out for safety reasons. I got what I wanted and that was a letter from CVA stating it was safe.

My bad experience was that I was told the gun was cleaned (2x) and yet there was debri on the rifle. So I question, did he look at the rifle or just say it's safe? He said he put a new hinge pin in but when I removed it the was surface rust on the pin.

@dbowling - I am not a gunsmith but the smith said he cleaned it yet there debri on the receiver face? The smith said he can't remember a gun he looked at 2 weeks ago when his own manage said he looked at the gun 4 days ago. The smith said he put a new pin in the rifle but couldn't remember if it was blued or SS. The smith said he looks at 15 guns a day and he can't remember every single one. I get that but the smith is human and humans do make mistakes.

I loved that rifle it shot great for 10 years but it was 10 years. I send it to CVA. They said it was safe in a responses letter. I included that letter when I sold it yesterday. My concern was I was told it was cleaned and inspected when I can promise you that rifle was not cleaned when I got it back. So did he even look at the rifle?

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can