I started out with .44 Magnums back in the 1970s, went to .44 Special in the 1980s but always had one .41 4" S&W around....starting in the early 1990s all the .44s left and only three .41s remained...a Ruger BH 4 5/8" and two 57s, a 4" and 6"....those three slowly grew to 30+... .41 is an addiction not a caliber...

I've also had several .44s during that time, three Mountain Guns, a 5" 629 Classic and a 1959 Blackhawk.....none of them stayed and I am currently FourtyFourless....

So some questions Mr OK....

Is this just going to be a range shooter or something you could carry and hunt with?

Any particular barrel length you would like?

What and where are you buying the ammo for your Ruger?

...and most importantly...why don't you reload?

There is now more variety and manufacturers of .41 ammo than ever before. And now fewer manufacturers of .41 handguns than ever before... If it wasn't for Ruger, Freedom Arms and Henry there would be no .41s... S&W still has one 6" blue but for not much more money one can find excellent used ones that will hold their value much better than ones with The Lock....

You can't really go wrong with either...I just find the .41s I've had shot more accurately and easier on the hand...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....