Gentlemen, the decline of hunters is primarily about accessible property to hunt. Costs have driven many former hunters out of hunting which prevents them taking their kids and introducing them to hunting which is why hunter numbers will continue to decline and not recover. A contributing factor is changed forest management practices in the National Forests where I live which have seriously contributed to the decline in the deer population - just not as many to hunt.

I don’t bow hunt and other than playing with it in high school never did. For me, hunting is with a rifle. IF I were going to consider bow hunting I ‘might’ think about a crossbow but as to recurves and compounds - forget it. Shots are few, ranges are close because it’s thick and when a shot presents itself I want the best tool for the job which frankly isn’t a bow of any kind. Primitive firearms aren’t bad as you really only get one shot anyway but while bows are great killers when the broad head lands where it’s supposed to it’s far more productive to save limited vacation time for when you can take a weapon that isn’t a handicap.