I'm fortunate that I have a capable crew to hunt with each year. I have the luxury of being pretty bold on those hunts and can climb high, press deep into terrain, or hunt late into the day. I know I have support somewhere below.

I always try to get a 2nd hunt on a leftover tag and that is a whole different deal. No one is available to go with me.
If it is, for instance, a September muzzle loader tag the weather is warm and I can still press pretty hard alone with not too much risk. In September it's pretty easy to do a spike camp or a bivy without an excessive amount of gear.
By November at higher altitude in Colorado there is always this feeling that weather is ready to happen at any moment. I've gotten those tags a few times. My hunting pack becomes heavier because I carry extra everything. I don't have the ability to hump a cold weather camp up to 10K or 11K, but I see some guys that do. Hat's off to them.
I've never filled one of those late season tags solo but if I did it would be a lot of carries. I'd be OK with it.