Almost all of mine are solo, far away from roads, backpacking. Most of them are great stories to me; but, would bore most others to death. The most exhilarating would be solo, surprise encounters I've had with bears, mountain lions and a wolf. I stopped sharing those stories with my wife years ago. Every time I go out I leave her with detailed lists of where I will be including copies of topo maps with areas specifically identified. After being charged and treed by a mother bear and her cubs one time, I made the mistake of telling her that story. Although she appreciates the care I take in identifying where my body may be found (her words), she has asked me not to share those types of stories with her.

I do enjoy hunting with friends. Most of them just don't want to spend the time and effort to do it this way. That is fine. I actually enjoy the solo mountain hunting. When doing so for ten days to two weeks I wouldn't mind having someone with whom to b.s. at camp at night after 7 or 8 days solo. Even the hard parts like a full pack of meat going up or down a steep grade are some of the most rewarding experiences an outdoorsman can have.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ