Ordered it new from Buds last week and it arrived yesterday. Trigger seemed ok at first out of the box but the forend was a bit wiggly. Did my usual removal of the square pads, cleaned up the barrel channel to make sure it floated free, sealed the unpainted meal at the bottom of the action with satin Polyurethane. I let that dry and then reassembled putting a thick nickel sized glob of black automotive silicon on the forend where the pads were. This morning I mounted a 2x7 Leupold in Weaver rings and bases and hung a bipod on it. Being sick from the flu but better than I have felt in days I went out to shoot up some rounds to get some fresh brass. I had two loads, some Monarch brass cased factory ammo loaded with the classic 55 gr. FMJ and a box of shells I loaded a year or so ago for a 223 Encore which fit snugly.. Load data on the flap said they were loaded with 26.2 grains of 748 and the 45 gr. Speer soft point. I bore sighted at 100 yards, moved up to the 50 yard line to find it was hitting a hair low but centered. Cool! Move back to the 100 yard bench and hammered out 4 rounds to find that the Monarch ammo hit 1/2 inch high and shooting pretty good. Switched to the reload and started shootin on another target, POI is dead center. Shot ten rounds into an inch! I then burned up the rest of the box of factory loads to get fireformed brass and to heat the barrel up some. This is the same target I shot on at fifty yards and I shot the rest of the box at an easy pace just loading and shooting not really concentrating or waiting for the gusty wind that came up because it was starting to rain. All twenty round in 1 1/4 inch. Now for the snivel. The factory trigger has a small click that can be felt just before the rifle goes off. The pull is light enough that it doesn't effect POI but it does sort of annoy me. This trigger has an allen screw in it for adjustment. Was it set too light from the factory?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]