I have had 2 M7 Predators in 223, and 2 in 22-250. All shot very good, right out of the box. On my original Predator, it had the older style Walker trigger, and I adjusted it down to 3 pounds after taking it out of the box. I have never fired a factory round in this rifle. After trying a few powders and bullet combinations, I settled on 27.5 grains of surplus W-846 powder and a 50 grain VMax bullet. This rifle and load are exceptionally accurate, and I've killed a bunch of stuff with it.

On the other rifles, they all came with the X-Mark Pro trigger, and only one of those could be adjusted anywhere close to where I like a trigger. I replaced the others with a Timney. Despite what you might hear, there's nothing wrong with Timney triggers. I have them in about a half dozen rifles.

I also have never touched the stocks on any of my Predators. Maybe I've just been fortunate to have gotten some that shot good, I really don't know. I do experiment with a lot of different powders and bullets though, and find a big difference in how they shoot in a particular rifle.