Originally Posted by Roystu
I sure appreciate all of the ideas thrown. The trigger is on it's way so that will be a big change. My existing trigger pops off at 7.5 lbs so going down to 3.5 will be a world of difference. Does anyone here feel that shooting 223 in a 556 chamber hurts accuracy? Seems to me that the bigger chamber can't help.

Same experience here on the heavy triggers, last Friday I bought a complete RRA lower. I shot my R-15 and SW/PSA build gun with their heavy triggered lowers for baseline 10 shot groups. The complete RRA had the same mil spec style heavy trigger but I changed it into the above guns and shot the same size groups with the same ammo. Next I pulled the mil spec trigger out of the RRA lower and replaced it with a single stage RISE (RA-140 SST) it installed loose enough to have no tension on the cross pins to retain them. I tightened down the set screws in the bottom of the trigger cartridge against the frame to tension the cross pins from drifting. My cheapy RCBS trigger pull gauge said a tad more then 3.5# but near perfectly the same every time. I put the RRA and new trigger on my R-15, it cut my group size in half and the same in my SW & PSA barrel sighted build gun. Had a few flyers, getting used to a decent trigger is not instaneous for me but habit forming . Yeah I like the hell out of it, should have done it years a go. Bought another one and installed it in my R-15 lower permanent. The RRA lower will get tried next with my DPMS Oracle it has a laser and a red dot sight. What I learned was simple, don't condemn any component on your rifle until you swap the OEM heavy trigger out for a good one. Unlike me I hope all you can do this testing at a little higher temp than 6 degrees F that I did it at.. Probably could have got all this advice from Rost495 if I'd been smart enough to just ask him. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "