Thanks all for the come-back. Well, this has been an eventful week. My best friend died, and we got him in the ground on Wednesday. I won the bidding on the rifle a week ago Tuesday, and went to see him in the hospital. He was pretty much delerious, but I started talking about this rifle. That pulled him out of his daze. We had a good long talk about it, as well as the merits of 38-55 vs. 375 WIN. Bob was dead within 24 hours. He said 38-55 was his preference, so 38-55 it is!

BTW: You know you have lived your life well if two of your favorite LGS's send representatives to your funeral.

Question1: What mold is preferrable for this? I thought I'd start with the Lee and see what I can get out of it. I'd like to keep the bullet weight down as much as possible. They'll be launched at whitetails. Which brings me too. . .

Question2: What whitetail-appropriate jacketed bullet do y'all suggest? I'm looking around in .375, and I see some great ones for a charging lion, but nothing light enough for an Ohio whitetail.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer