Originally Posted by Sheister
I've never quite figured out why a guy would buy a maker's best grade of barrel, handlapped and checked for straightness, have it installed by a good gunsmith who I would think would check for burrs and smooth out his work and sharp edges, and use well prepped loads in said well prepared, polished, and lapped barrel- and think it needs to be further broken in?

I can see it in a factory assembly line barrel where they are cut, drilled, and the rifling gouged out with a hydraulicly pulled rod , leaving lots of microscopic burrs and voids. A bit of polishing might be due in that case, along with filling some of those microscopic machining voids with gilding metal in order to create the illusion of a smooth surface, but isn't the point of having a premium barrel to avoid some of the inconsistencies and mass produced issues of factory arms?

Just my 2 cent's worth- I'll get my nomex underwear on now and pick up some popcorn while I'm at it..... wink

Bob

Sounds about right Bob. By the way, how's the weather out your way?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA