Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
If you need speed or volume, buy a progressive.

I use a progressive 650 for almost everything and even my 6 PPC will shoot as good as I can when loaded like that. More time is wasted on individual nuances of loading than they are worth...

If you showed up at a benchrest match with your 6 PPC and your progressive 650, I guarantee you would be the only one there with that set-up !!!!!!!
I would bet my last dollar you would be on the bottom half of the leader board at any NBRSA or IBS match, close to last if you went pre-loaded !!!!!
Some things are worth the "individual nuances"

I never said anything about a match. I bet you wouldn’t be competitive at one of those matches no matter what you did to load your ammunition and you wouldn’t outshoot me on a prairie dog field either...

I was trying to make the point that some advanced reloading techniques cant be done on a progressive that absolutely matter on some cartridges. I would never load pistol ammo on anything but a progressive, AR ammo etc. but when you say 6 PPC on your progressive is "as good", I don't buy it and apparently I hurt your feelers by stating the truth....sure sorry about that.