I had wanted a Ti for a long time after they came out. I had a Model 7 in 7mm RSAUM and wanted a Ti for the longer barrel. I actually found a 700 Ti in my local gun shop. It sat there for sale for over a year. The price started coming down and when it hit the $900 mark I traded that Model 7 in for the Ti. Mounted a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 with the Zplex 600 reticle that I had, installed a Shilen trigger, and it was my "go to"rifle for a long time when I hunted west Texas mulies. My handload for it is 59.5 gr. IMR4350/Fed 215GM/140 gr. Barnes TTSX at about 3070 fps. It's a super accurate rifle, consistently giving me .25-.50 MOA. It's accounted for several mulies, hogs, and west Texas whitetails.

Thumper, as she is aptly named, has been a safe queen for about 3 years now. She's taken a back seat to my Model 70 FWT .257 Roberts, a Remington 700 CDL in 7/08, and now my Barrett Fiedlcraft in 6.5X55. She'll probably get moved back a little more in the gun safe when the Christensen Arms 6,.5 PRC arrives this week.

Last edited by DubThomas; 02/12/19.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!