Originally Posted by ctsmith
Randy, with all due respect, I use to really enjoy your hunts, back when they were REAL, back when it was obvious it was for your love of the outdoors and hunting, As Real As It Gets. It was you, and maybe a camera man, and maybe another hunter, at most. Like most hunters you'd give up the state but not telegraph the location. It was real hunting.

Fast forward to today. 17 hunters and telegraph the location, even put it on the internet and advertise it. Nothing real about that. I know a lot of western hunters and not one would do that. Not one.

You use to be one of us...…….

Your judgement of my motives for why I do what I do or to judge/misjudge my love for hunting and conservation is peculiar, given you probably know very little about me and this operation. I doubt you know the time and investment required, with the return being that you wake up everyday and get to do something you love. I doubt very many people would work full-time for twelve years and never take a dime from an endeavor unless it was something they truly loved, as I love hunting and the culture around hunting.

I love what I do and I am blessed to be given the opportunity. My wife and I worked our butts off for the last thirty years allowing me to do this and not need to make a livelihood from it, though it would be great if that ever happened. That allows me to invest time and effort for the causes our platforms are built; hunting, conservation, and public lands.

Being in this situation comes with comments and criticism. I accept that as part of the gig. Yours here being an example. With all due respect, your judgements of me and my motives are given without much understanding of me or my motives.

Best to you.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."