No offense here either. However, I run my Cockers and Springers often with some good Pointers and Setters. Now when I do that they are sucking hind because those others Dogs are eating up the ground 50yards plus out and they are good at the game. Mine on those occasions are covering ground they have already worked pretty good and being good they don't always leave any pickings. They do miss some and the Cocker may get to have his fun with them. They also get to do most of the retrieving because the Cockers are better at it.

I personally don't care what others hunt, but I acknowledge when I put the Merlot down alongside a couple good Pointers or Setters I'm not doing him any favors. On the other hand, he will leave all but the most exceptional 75-90 pound Lab or Chesse sucking hind when it comes to tearing up a field. And the hotter it get the more he will do so. That thick skin on both doesn't do them any favors.

All should hunt what they like, but there are Dogs built for specific Birds. Labs and the Chesse shine on the rough water and none are better at it.

Last edited by battue; 02/14/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler