Originally Posted by FishinHank
I would like to tag along on a steelhead trip sometime. I know that bullets matter more than headstamps but I am not trying to kill critters out at 1K yards. Inside 300 yards is there really a difference among them? I tried to source some 162 AMAX for my 7mm build. You have any you wanna sell to the cause? I'm pretty sure you have a pile of them.

Only landed (18) Steelhead,the last day I fished. Nothing huge,but a 38" Buck spit a hook.

GOOD bullets have the advantage at muzzle burn distances,to their transonic slip and that Fact is one that everyone loves to overlook. Hint.

Trajectory is Physics,Wind is Voodoo and BC mightily hangs on to velocity,like NOTHING else. Hint.

Inside 300yds(and WELL beyond),I'm giddy with an 18" Krunchenticker and Rifle Gas,with 75gr Hornie HPBT's. The Hornie .224" 75BTHP wears a .395BC and the .284" 120TSX a .349BC. HINT.

I shoot the 162 'Max,BTHP and ELD all. The 180 is THE one and nothing else,even comes close.

Re-hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."