My wife has been having real issues. She recently went through a respiratory emergency with her COPD. She has been having problems with kidney stones and UTI's for some time. Last Thursday she was transported from the residential rehabilitation facility ( She was there because she fell and broke her ankle for no reason, just fell) to the ER. She is now in the hospital with and is septic with a currently unidentified bacteria ( culture isn't back yet) And stones in both kidneys.

She does not seem to realize that these things are coming in clusters right now. Now is the time, actually past the time, to execute a medical power of attorney. She has been told that if she has Intubation she will never come off it. Even if she did manage that she would have a trach and a feeding tube, and then spend the rest of her life in a nursing home. I would not gain that medical authority for a year under Ohio law.

She is resistant to that MPoA. I think she does not want to acknowledge the danger she faces. Nor does she realize that in that case we loose everything and me and her son get to live in some run down shack. Also, very importantly, mine and my stepson's last memories of her would be her in that state.

But how do you convince someone of the true possibilities?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.