Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
I'm absolutely positive that the Leica and Sig units will outperform the Vortex, or any other unit at the $250 price point. And they should, at twice the price. If I was going to be using the unit quite often, I might consider a higher end unit. However, I will likely be using this unit only for a once a year hunt out west. Back East I don't need to use a range finder for anything I hunt inside 200 yards or so.

All the more reason not to buy a piece of junk. Why let a couple hundred bucks spoil a $4K hunting trip? Some older models like Leica 1000-R and 1200 can be had on close outs. Happy Trails

Yeah, I'm sure the pricey Leica works out very well for you. However, given the reviews and Vortex's rep for NOT producing junk, I doubt that their rangefinder will be the cause of a spoiled $4000 hunt. Not to mention that I'll have a very experienced guide giving yardage input to verify what the cheap Vortex reads, including equivalent horizontal distance.

Whatever works out for you works best, I suppose. I think I only paid around $500 for my Leica and that was a few years ago. Most of the Vortex stuff is not the quality you think it is since most, if not all, is Hecho en China, Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.