Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by WAM

Whatever works out for you works best, I suppose. I think I only paid around $500 for my Leica and that was a few years ago. Most of the Vortex stuff is not the quality you think it is since most, if not all, is Hecho en China, Happy Trails

I'd be willing to bet Leica's (and everyone else's for that matter) laser/electronics are Chinese as well. If it wasn't it would cost twice what they sell for.

Could be, I just picked up a like new used Leica 1600 for $200 - it is heads and tails better than the Nikon Aculon that it replaced. Ranged off some rocks the other day at over 850yards. The Nikon was good for around 300. Not to mention the optic is amazing as well. Watch for a used Leica.

So the new Leicas were way beyond my means. On the advise from centershot, I started looking for a deal on a used one. I found one like new, that's never even been hunted. It was just a bit more than a Vortex 1300, but comes complete in original box with all documentation, a Leica tripod mount and extra batteries. Should arrive by the end of the week.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.