Good call, I think.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Fireball2
One behind the ear. Short rope tall tree. Tall building no chute. You name it. Who cares.

Really?

With all the posts on here how we are a nation of laws?

You are in favor of the lynching he alleged?

JFC! If it was a false charge (seemingly so ) charge him with the crime and let the process work.

Mmm...he's a gay black rich famous guy in Chicago. I don't advocate violence toward him, but do you really imagine that he's susceptible to "the process?" He might lose his job for embarrassing the media, but I doubt he'll spend a day in prison or even in court.

While entirely possible, perhaps even likely; but if he is allowed to escape the consequences of wasting taxpayer money, police investigative time, the concern and empathy of 'fans', not to mention the media wild goose chase and false political implications, then all bets are off it seems.

More's the pity.

Not all bets. Just all bets if you're a gay black rich famous guy in Chicago, and your crime wasn't against a gayer, blacker, richer, or famouser guy in Chicago. If you're a straight, white, poor, obscure guy outside Chicago, you'd dang well better keep your nose clean.

But we already knew that.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867